×

Guy Pearce apologises for sharing “misinformation and falsehoods” about Israel on social media while publicly voicing support for Palestine

By Poppy Burton Nov 30, 2025 | 4:23 AM

Guy Pearce has apologised for sharing “misinformation and falsehoods” about Israel on social media whilst publicly voicing support for Palestine.

“It has been brought to my attention that, in my support of Palestine, I have inadvertently re-posted articles, and/or statements, that have contained misinformation and falsehoods,” Pearce told Jewish News, per Variety.

“I am aware how sharing inaccurate content can cause confusion and distress; for this I am deeply sorry. I will certainly endeavour to be more diligent in future to verify anything I share online.”

According to the publication, Pearce had shared posts featuring controversial far-right political commentator and white nationalist Nick Fuentes, as well as reportedly recirculating material that blamed Israel for the 9/11 terrorist attacks, accused Israeli officials of being behind the murder of conservative activist Charlie Kirk, and claimed the “top three pornography companies are owned by Jewish people”.

Jewish News went on to report that the Brutalist actor had shared a post earlier this month that read: “Remember, when Zionists tell you Islam will destroy America… While several major Las Vegas casinos/hotels that have caused gambling addictions, debt and prostitution were created and owned by Jewish Zionists…

“The Zionists (not Jews) want you to fear the people who stand against the corruption they are creating.”

Yesterday, (November 29), he shared a statement on X/Twitter, announcing that he was going to be stepping away from social media in the wake of the backlash.

“Earlier this week, I issued an apology for sharing misleading and inaccurate posts and commentary on social media,” he wrote. “I meant every word of that apology but I recognize that meaningful action must accompany any apology. To prevent any further hurt, confusion or damage to others, I will be stepping back from social media for the time being.”

Pearce has been a vocal force in his support of Palestine, and, while at this year’s Oscars –  where he was nominated for Best Supporting Actor for The Brutalist – wore a small pin that depicted a white enamel dove embossed with “Free Palestine.”

Before that, he’d sported a Palestinian flag pin at the Cannes Film Festival in 2024. Having discovered that Vanity Fair France photoshopped the pin out of an image that ran on its website, he said at the time (per The Hollywood Reporter): “As the Palestinian people are already suffering great trauma and loss due to the vengeful regime of Netanyahu, it is most unfortunate that a reputable publication like VF attempts to eliminate support that I or anyone chooses to offer.”

More recently, Pearce was involved with Brian Eno‘s ‘Together For Palestine’ charity show at London’s Wembley Arena in September 17, where over 150 artists and cultural figures united to show solidarity and raise funds for the people of Gaza.

The post Guy Pearce apologises for sharing “misinformation and falsehoods” about Israel on social media while publicly voicing support for Palestine appeared first on NME.