The White House has responded to The Chicks‘ Natalie Maines calling Donald Trump a “fugly slut”.
Maines made the remarks on Instagram while reacting to the news of the Anti-Weaponisation Fund – which will cost taxpayers $1.8billion (£1.3billion).
The fund will pay individuals who feel they were “unfairly” investigated in previous administrations, and follows Trump dropping $10billion lawsuit against the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) over his leaked tax returns.
“Our democracy is disappearing right before our eyes,” Maines said of the news. “This fugly slut is using your gas money to pay for the insurrectionists. But don’t worry about it. I’m sure posting selfies will fix everything. She added that her last post calling him a “fugly slut” was removed, warning: “We’ll see how long this one lasts.”
Now, the White House has responded to Maines’ post via Davis Ingle, a spokesperson for the White House.
He told People: “Natalie Maines is a despicable nobody who clearly suffers from a severe case of Trump Derangement Syndrome that has rotted her peanut-sized brain.”
Late Night host Stephen Colbert has joined Maines in denouncing the fund, criticising it as an “all-you-can-fraud buffet” and “an unprecedented level of grift” on Tuesday’s episode (May 19).
Colbert, who has hosted Late Night since 2015, will air his last episode tomorrow. Though CBS have stated the show has been cancelled for “financial reasons”, there has been speculation that Late Night was axed for political reasons. Colbert has been an outspoken critic of Trump since his initial inauguration in 2016.
Bruce Springsteen and Robert De Niro have joined as guests for Colbert’s last week as Late Night host to criticise Trump for the show’s cancellation.
Elsewhere, Moby has hit out at Donald Trump and “most corrupt, evil, incompetent administration”.
The post The White House hits back after The Chicks’ Natalie Maines calls Donald Trump a “fugly slut” appeared first on NME.